Those big brawling bastards from WWE are over in the UK at the minute on the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour and we were lucky enough to get tickets to see the infamous Monday Night Raw at the O2 Arena in London. SmackDown is at the O2 tonight, but this is what we learned from WWE’s premier show…
- Everyone knows Fandango’s theme tune and will sing it relentlessly until he appears – then everyone will lose their shit while he ballroom dances his way to victory.
- Even though we’re in the UK, William Regal still can’t win. Poor William.
- It doesn’t matter who you are, your name will be chanted. Including JBL, Mike Chioda and Cameraman.
- Most people still hate John Cena.
- Even if you’re wearing a John Cena t-shirt it’s apparently still ok to boo him.
- Undertaker is still the meanest motherfucker alive.
- Mexican waves are awesome.
- Mexican waves get old fast.
- Mexican waves suck.
- It’s only acceptable to cheer for The Shield when they’re kicking the fuck out of John Cena.
- Mick Foley can still get a cheap pop by naming the city he’s in.
- Big E Langston is like a tank with legs. There’s more muscles on him than in our entire office, and we’re ripped… honest.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re meant to be a heel, the British public will cheer you if you’re a bit of a bastard. See Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro.
- Triple H spitting water everywhere still makes him cooler than you.
- No matter how hard you try, no-one is going to continue your chant of ‘Zigglypuff’. Sorry guys.
- It’s impossible not to be the happiest person ever while shouting ‘Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!’ with thousands of other people.
If you’re in London and have a bit of money spare then get along to SmackDown tonight. The Undertaker will be there! And Randy Orton, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio… the list goes on. Or if you’re in Nottingham the Raw guys are putting on a show at the arena. It’ll be wicked, we promise.