iTunes festival is a bit fucking good. Thirty days of mahoosive bands and artists packing out London’s Roundhouse FOR FREE. THE TICKETS ARE FUCKING FREE. We were lucky enough to get ourselves into Kendrick Lamar’s headline set last night and he did NOT disappoint. Here’s what we learned by watching the hardest working guy in hip-hop.
- Everyone (unsurprisingly) has an iPhone at the iTunes festival.
- Just because you can’t smoke inside doesn’t mean you can’t walk out with a cigar like a boss – right, Schoolboy Q?
- Scroobius Pip also likes Kendrick Lamar – we saw him sat on the balcony. HELLO SCROOBIUS!
- White boys can’t dance.
- IT’S STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE TO FILM GIGS ON YOUR FUCKING IPAD!
- £3 for the cloak room is a bit much, eh?
- Kendrick Lamar is the coolest guy we’ve ever seen.
- He’s way shorter than we thought, though.
- Months of constant festivals have given Kendrick the tightest and sickest performance we’ve seen in a long time.
- Air horns are a necessity for any hip-hop gig.
- His verse in A$AP Rocky’s Fuckin’ Problems is bonkers live.
- Schoolboy Q covered A$AP Rocky but it didn’t have the same effect.
- The Roundhouse has the best sound and lighting in all of London.
- The bass is fucking ridiculous!
- This was the best hip-hop show we’ve ever been to.
The iTunes festival is still going for the next ten days. Apply for free tickets HERE.
Photo credit: iTunes Festival 2013