We were invited out to DC Shred Days in Meribel, France last week, where members of the public got the chance to shred with pros – that’s the official edit of the event above, which for some strange reason we seem to have been left out of in favour of, like, good DC riders. We learned a lot while out there though:
- Blood looks awesome on snow. Properly Viking-style awesome. Even when it’s your own blood, you can appreciate how rad it looks.
- You get pissed a lot quicker at high altitudes (well, that’s our story and we’re sticking to it).
- French people genuinely do use the phrase “les rosbifs” to take the piss out of the British. We’d always assumed that was bollocks.
- In France you can buy a one-litre can of 10% abv beer in a shop for €4. The only catch? It’s fucking disgusting!
- Snowboarding uses muscles no other activity even touches. Snowboarding badly does, anyway. There’s no knackered like Alps knackered.
- If you dislocate your finger and pop it back in yourself, it balloons to an enormous size and fills with some kind of fluid. That’s probably a really healthy sign, right?